If you read the blog last week then you know that I was blown away with the Happy Hour at Checkers Downtown. I was so impressed that I want you all to join us tonight, Thursday, December 17th, from 4pm-8pm. Below is the sip and nosh menu for the day all priced at $4.
- Checkers’ Holiday Mulled Wine – red wine spiced with cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, peppercorns, and fennel, for the perfect winter’s evening drink!
- Hot Buttered Rum – The warm welcome of Sailor Jerry rum, the familiarity of December spices, melded with the creamy richness of spiced butter.
- Hot Apple Pie – Traditional Apple Cider, with a hint of Tuaca liqueur, and whipped cream! Spiritual!!
- Chocolate Candy Cane Martini – OK, a little departure from the previous three! White chocolate liqueur, vanilla vodka, peppermint schnapps, and half-and-half.
- Bay Scallops served with roasted butternut squash;
- A Confit of Chicken served with creamy orzo;
- Crab salad with cranberry, pomegranate, and pear; and
- A secret 4th plate – hint: it’s Chef Todd’s ingenious take on pork-loin!
Hope to see you all tonight and maybe if we have energy afterward we can head to the opening of Lazy Ox Canteen or go to the Down & Derby Roller Disco at the Echoplex, my favorite monthly event in LA. I have been not once but twice and love getting my skate on!