Once situated, we chilled a bottle of champagne and I took a shower in the swanky bathroom. We were shocked to see that you could see into other people’s rooms and that despite there being curtains, no one uses them. We followed suit and did nothing to give us the privacy normal folks would want. At some point in the evening, after too many glasses of champagne, I said, “I like this voyeuristic take on the world, let’s get undressed and then dress up again.” Carina agreed.
Despite already being a bottle into the night, we decided to take on Man Diego and head to dinner. We arrived at Tabule on 4th St and were immediately taken by the attentive service. Everyone working had some kind of accent, which in my book, is always super charming. Carina disclosed it was my birthday and the staff did everything from that point on to make my meal as pleasurable as possible.
The meal started with a filet mignon carpaccio with capers, scallions and parmesan. We also had the mix green salad with candied spciy nuts and a mustard papaya dressing. Both were excellent. I had the filet mignon medallions with roasted veggies and a baked potato. The sauce made the dish extra special as it was a fig reduction. Carina opted for the shrimp and scallops in brown butter sauce. We both liked our meals, but were probably more impressed by the starters.
The staff was the best part. For dessert I couldn’t decide between the cheesecake or the cannoli so they surprised me with a little bit of both. Carina went for the ice cream and exotic fruits. Since that girl eats slower than I workout, her ice cream melted. I was on coffee and she was on a milkshake. At one point during my coffee, I needed milk so she gave me melted. I had to fish mangoes out of my coffee; it’s a good thing we’re uncouth.
***I even got to blow out candles a little earlier than expected at Tabule.
From Tabule we headed back to the hotel to start on, yes, another bottle of bubbly. (I was clearly not worried about the ominous headache that was to follow.) We drank for a bit and Tweeted, as well. Here are a few of our gems:
- J: I’m going to have birthday sex tonight. C: With who? J: I dunno… I haven’t met him yet.
- At Tabule in SD. Kind of drunk but a lot of fun.
- Waiter to Josie “what’s wrong?” Josie pointing to Carina, “she put ice cream in my coffee. I am fishing out mango pieces.”
- Who did I have sex with before? -That man that what to Africa. There was a man that went to Africa, tell me more.
- Randomly ended up in the champagne suite with stripper poles and bunk beds. Now in bed. Josie has been a year older for an hour and a half.
- Josie outlived Tupac, who would have thunk it?
- I don’t know what is making Josie feel sicker: last night’s birthday festivities or Carina making her watch the Jersey Shore in the morning.
- Hey twitterazzi, Josie is dedicating her birthday to god and the gays.
- What does a female wingman do?
The night was young so what else would we do? Ummm… ride a bull, almost fall into a fire pit, and maybe just maybe dance on a stripper pole in the penthouse suite. Breakfast proceeded and upon a suggestion from our new Twitter and real life friend, Akesq, we headed to Cafe 222. We figured it had a cool website and that the meal would be just as interesting. Unfortunately, there was no magic at 222. However, there were some major carbs that the UGs desperately needed to absorb and in the end, that was all that mattered.
I never got kissed on New Year’s and I didn’t get kissed on my birthday eve either. Happy birthday to me!